On June 5th, 2020, Paramount ViacomCBS is about to make history with
“Mighty Oak” for theatrical release in select theaters nationwide!
Safety is Paramount (pun-intended), and the world will be avidly watching the premiere of a studio release their first film since quarantine. Paramount ViacomCBS plans to open the film in drive-ins, and roll out to more theaters as venues are deemed safe. As the country dials into thoughtfully opening its doors—and as adults, families, and teens struggle to find new movies to tap into—“Mighty Oak” resoundingly delivers a dramady that echoes far beyond the end credits during these unprecedented new times.
What’s more—the world is coming together for an impactful premiere that all began with Tommy Ragen when he was just 8-years old with his notebook of lyrics, and his guitar that catapulted an extraordinary rock ballad entitled “Chasing”—ultimately inspiring the script for “Mighty Oak” as well as garnering the attention of several rock legends and and iconic artists. In fact, Tommy’s prodigious sound has catapulted the support and attention of studios, celebrities, and musicians alike (Coldplay’s very own Chris Martin). One thing is for sure that this movie will have you reeling with tears, laughter, and making your own spiritual connections that beg the question, “Could it be?”
Set in the beach town of Ocean Beach, California, this film originally appealed to Sean McNamara (Raise Your Voice, Soul Surfer) who read Matt Allen’s (Four Christmases) script and listened to Tommy’s music—proudly taking on the role of film director for “Mighty Oak.”
Dramady for All Ages
There’s no denying the magnetic chemistry between the renown cast who bring to life a soulful storyline that leaves an indelible mark in your mind. The Brookwell/McNamara production tells the story of a band manager, Gina Jackson (Parrish), who struggles after losing her lead singer/brother
(Dylan) in a fatal car accident while traveling to a gig. A decade later, Gina meets a 10-year-old music prodigy named Oak who seems to possess the same qualities as her late brother, Vaughn. Invigorated, Gina starts to pull her life back together as she tries to reunite the band with Oak as its
Besides now 12-year-old guitar prodigy and songwriter, Tommy Ragen (School Of Rock Musical Broadway/National Tour) in the title role, the film is undeniably sprinkled with a notorious cast and crew well known by tweens to GenXers, who ultimately deliver one of the year’s most powerful films.
• Janel Parrish (Pretty Little Liars, To All The Boy I’ve Loved Before)
• Raven-Symoné (That’s So Raven, Dr. Doolittle)
• Alexa PenaVega (Spy Kids, Nashville)
• Carlos PenaVega (Big Time Rush, Spare Parts, Life Sentence)
• Nana Ghana (What/If, White Rabbit)
• Rodney Hicks (Rent, Come From Away)
• Levi Dylan (12 Mighty Orphans)
• Gianna Harris (Andrew Lloyd Webber’s School of Rock Broadway Musical)
• Ben Milliken (Bosch, Blue Crush 2)
• Levi Dylan (Grandson of music royalty Bob Dylan, son of Jakob Dylan, The Wallflowers, Echo in The
• Julia Michael (Music Supervisor – “A Star Is Born” and the “Pitch Perfect”)
As audiences dial-into this awe-inspiring film, we will unite our stories of strength, hope, compassion, and survival throughout social media uniting each #MightyOakMoment we have experienced.
Social Media & Links
• Official Website: www.mightyoakthemovie.com
• Mighty Oak Official Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9008MZIaqIY
• Instagram Official Trailer: https://www.instagram.com/p/CAisIDODtla/
• Instagram: @mightyoakmovie