Androsta 3,5-diene 7,17 dione SARM also known as Androstenedione is a steroid hormone that is used in the production of medicine. This supplement is used to enhance the production of testosterone to boost up athletic performance, gain muscle mass, increase energy levels, lower body fat, improve sexual performance, and maintain healthy red blood cells.
Androstenedione was brought to recognition by famous baseball player Mark McGwire and also other sporting professionals. In 2005 this supplement was legalized by the United States called the Anabolic Steroid Control Act of 2004. This then changed the whole dynamic of the supplement, making it an Anabolic steroid instead of the dietary supplement it was initially introduced as.
Even at that, this product is considered illegal and banned by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), so you can’t make use of it for competitive sporting. You can check the link below to find a list of drugs that are banned for sporting activities.
How does Androstenedione Work?
It is a steroid hormone that the body uses to create testosterone and estrogen.
- It enhances athletic performance; Taking this supplement will help boost up your athletic performance because of the added testosterone it provides you.
- It helps to increase your muscle mass: when this supplement is added to your exercise routine, you begin to notice a change in your muscle build before the end of the first month of consumption. But experts have found out that the more you take wouldn’t lead to increased results, only potential risks of harm and side effects. So, it’s best to stick with the prescribed amount and do a series of exercises with it.
- This product helps to increase your sexual performance: it does so because of the testosterone increase it provides you.
- Some studies have shown that a healthy consumption of this supplement can help strengthen your pelvic muscles.
- It helps to increase your red blood cells.
- It helps to destroy luteinizing hormones; these are hormones responsible for compounding diseases.
We must state that androstenedione is still undergoing research, and so, more evidence needs to emerge to rate the effectiveness of this supplement adequately.
The Side Effects of Androstenedione
When this supplement is administered by mouth, it is seen as unsafe. A lot of men who use this drug have experienced the following side effects
- Lowered sperm production
- Shrinking of the testicles
- Lengthy and painful erections
- Development of breasts
- Heart disease
- Mood swings
- Behavioral changes
Some women might witness male characteristics such as;
- Deepened voice
- Facial hairs
- Male pattern baldness
- Coarsening of the skin
Apart from masculine features, they might also experience significant menstrual periods and depression.
The use of Androsta-3 5-diene-7 17-dione can also lead to an increased chance of developing breast cancer.
Pregnant women shouldn’t consume this drug because it might lead to early labor, or in some cases, miscarriage. Research is still carried out concerning the benefits and dangers it can provide to pregnant women. So, we advise you to steer clear to stay on the safe side.
The use of this supplement in children is highly unsafe because it can lead to a shorter height, stop the development of bone, and can also result in early stages of puberty.
The use of androstenedione can also provide the following side effects
- Liver Disease: Though there hasn’t been any recorded case of this side effect, there are some speculations that this supplement might endanger the liver. Other similar steroids have had cases of liver problems, so it’s best if you have any organ associated problem to stay away from this drug. Even if you are free from liver disease, we advise that you take a test before purchasing androstenedione.
- Hormone-Sensitive Conditions: Since this is the steroid hormone used to produce testosterone and estrogen, it will inevitably increase the estrogen levels. If you have any hormone-sensitive conditions, it is best not to use this product. Some of these conditions are prostate cancer, uterine fibroids, breast, and so on.
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS); The use of androstenedione might worsen anyone with the case of PCOS.
The Dosage of Androstenedione
There are lots of factors that determine the dosage of this supplement. The different dosages might be administered depending on your age, medical condition, overall health, and several other factors. You can find more useful suggestions here on steroids dosage and how best to use them.
Experts haven’t yet concluded on the recommended dosage of this supplement. So, what you do is to seek a doctor’s advice before administering androstenedione.